Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [RESOLVED] Wicked Random Hero Bug
[RESOLVED] Wicked Random Hero Bug
May 16 2010, 4:42 pm
By: Pr0nogo  

May 16 2010, 4:42 pm Pr0nogo Post #1



When I made a Dark Templar unit (the core unit, not a duplicate) a hero unit (in both flags and in modify unit properties), it all of a sudden couldn't move, hold position, etc. It had an attack button, but it couldn't move. At all.

Mover still says ground, command card still has the basic buttons.







In-Game:


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 19 2010, 6:59 pm by Pr0nogo.




May 16 2010, 4:59 pm Swampfox Post #2



It has to do with the veterancy levels. We had a discussion about it already.... I can't find the topic though.

Basically, the default multipliers inside your veterancy levels field, are like: 0 movement speed multiplier, 1 snare, 0 attack speed multiplier, etc. You have to go through and manually change those for each level of your hero to fix the problem. Blizzard'll probably fix the default values in newer builds of the editor.

I'm guessing this is the problem?



None.

May 16 2010, 5:22 pm Pr0nogo Post #3



Nope. I edited every movement-related field (deceleration, acceleration, movement multiplier, snare (whatever that is), etc.). Nothing. Still doesn't have the Move button, that might be the problem.

Thanks for the help though....




May 16 2010, 6:10 pm Demented Shaman Post #4



Do you have some kind of spell that's constantly on autocast? That could freeze your unit.



None.

May 16 2010, 6:24 pm Pr0nogo Post #5



Nope. I'd attach the map... but it's like really big :crazy: and I don't want to give anything away. I'll PM it to you?




May 16 2010, 6:55 pm Demented Shaman Post #6



Sure, I'll take a look at it later.



None.

May 27 2010, 4:49 am Cheese Post #7



I ran into something similar, take a look at the move speed, if its 0 change it, (might wanna check acceleration too)
I edited a core Changeling to a hero, same issue, check move speed, because if the Move speed is set to 0, the move button will be missing

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 27 2010, 5:04 am by Cheese.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City