Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Wiki split
Wiki split
May 16 2010, 11:01 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

May 16 2010, 11:01 am Forsaken Archer Post #1



Split the wiki into two separate ones:
http://www.staredit.net/starcraft/
http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2/
while using the same source code. It's basically a hack, hope everything is okay.
I also took it one step further and made it share the same user table. I found no such tutorial on sharing the same users between a wiki family, so let me know if any issues pop up.

Now we can enjoy better article naming, better categories, and blah blah blah and have nice distinction between the two games. I'm really excited ^_^


Also, should I leave the directories as starcraft / starcraft2?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 16 2010, 11:14 am by isolatedpurity.



None.

May 16 2010, 4:21 pm Swampfox Post #2



Are we going to have to transfer the SC2 articles manually?



None.

May 16 2010, 5:43 pm DavidJCobb Post #3



@Swamp: If IP doesn't do anything, then definitely yes.
@IP: I'd recommend the paths "scwiki" and "sc2wiki".

I'm wondering if there's a way to facilitate interwiki linking. [[Wikipedia:Foobar]] links to "Foobar" on Wikipedia... I'm wondering if there's a way to do [[SC:Foobar]] and [[SCII:Foobar]]...

Ah, yes, there is. Some links you may be interested in, IP:
Details on wiki families and their implementation.
Wiki family: brief instructions on interwiki links.
Or, if a semi-automated solution to interwiki links is more to your liking, the Interwiki extension may be useful.



None.

May 16 2010, 5:59 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Again, you forgot to change the wiki links in there:
http://www.staredit.net/?p=siteindex&area=1
http://www.staredit.net/?p=siteindex&area=2



None.

May 16 2010, 8:51 pm Forsaken Archer Post #5



Added:
[[Starcraft:Foobar]]
[[Stacraft2:Foobar]]
Didn't need extension to do so, but those links helped.

Quote
Are we going to have to transfer the SC2 articles manually?
There's like 4 articles containing SC2 stuff to my knowledge, I'll transfer them if no one beats me to it.



None.

May 16 2010, 11:32 pm DavidJCobb Post #6



The contents of the "Staredit Network" and "Help" namespaces should be shared between both wikis, if possible. Also, "StarCraft:" doesn't appear to work within the SCII wiki as an interwiki link. (The parser interprets it as a namespace instead, which would seem to imply that you haven't added it as an interwiki prefix for the SCII wiki.)



None.

May 17 2010, 12:36 am Forsaken Archer Post #7



Oh, I forgot there was two different interwiki tables ^_^ Fixed.
Also made you sysop, if you didn't notice.

I would love for the wiki's to share some pages... not sure if it's possible though without digging deep into the wiki code.



None.

May 17 2010, 1:41 am poison_us Post #8

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Have we found a Wiki god yet?
EDIT: Also, does the format follow what's in this link, or is it not as extensive?


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 17 2010, 1:55 am by poison_us.




May 17 2010, 1:48 am DavidJCobb Post #9



Thanks, and I'd also recommend redirecting "/wiki/" to the one of the two other wikis, or to a page linking to both.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring