Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Importing Sounds
Importing Sounds
May 15 2010, 9:31 pm
By: Swampfox  

May 15 2010, 9:31 pm Swampfox Post #1



I imported a .wav file, in the same fashion that I imported an icon, which worked by the way, but I can't find the sound when I use the "Play Sound" function. Any ideas why it isn't showing up?



None.

May 15 2010, 9:36 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Try using an .ogg, that may make a difference. Did you hit save when you imported it, same as how I did it in the icon tutorial video? If you don't, it doesn't actually put it in the map.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 16 2010, 12:20 am Swampfox Post #3



Yea, I hit save.
While browsing through the sound files, I saw various .wav files. I don't see why importing a .ogg would make any difference, although I did consider that... I guess I'll try it out then.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nope, still not showing up. Anyone have any ideas?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 16 2010, 12:43 am by Swampfox.



None.

May 16 2010, 12:57 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Try importing it into the same location as the rest of the sound files. Also, if blizzard has some sort of naming convention, such as aud-terran-marine-taunt.ogg, try follow it, in case it doesn't show sounds with a different file name start. I'll try it myself tomorrow maybe.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 16 2010, 8:37 am Demented Shaman Post #5



Save and restart the editor.



None.

May 17 2010, 12:35 am 13Stallion Post #6



You have to create the sound in the Data Editor before you can use it.

There is a Data Type Dropbox at the top, select sounds, and add a new object, your sound file.



None.

May 17 2010, 12:45 am Swampfox Post #7



I never would have thought of that.... I sincerely thank you.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City