Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Map Linking
Map Linking
May 15 2010, 10:16 am
By: Xesh  

May 15 2010, 10:16 am Xesh Post #1



Hi, looking for a way to effectively link two maps together during a game...

Is this possible? I have some great ideas i want to implement and this would help me greatly~



None.

May 15 2010, 10:17 am Forsaken Archer Post #2



Link... how?



None.

May 15 2010, 10:18 am Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You mean, have a player leave one map and move to the next? Or have data that both maps can access?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 15 2010, 10:22 am Xesh Post #4



Leave a map and enter a new map, and then return to the previous map while it is still running the last game



None.

May 15 2010, 10:26 am Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Not possible. Yet. I'm hoping blizzard will allow you to join in-progress games but as far as I know, you can't yet.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 15 2010, 10:38 am Xesh Post #6



..thankyou..



None.

May 15 2010, 12:22 pm 13Stallion Post #7





Yes its 100% possible. Use the bank function to store variables in between maps. The bank function will save the variables in a .xml file so they can be used across maps. Hell you could even make an MMORPG and save everyones data on there computer so when the map starts, it loads there character.

Just note the trigger will actually be much longer because you would need to store many variables, mine was just a simple demonstration.

Hope this helps.



None.

May 15 2010, 6:21 pm Xesh Post #8



Oh my God..This Changes everything.

Very Interesting, could you explain very simply what this does and how it does it?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 15 2010, 6:30 pm by Xesh.



None.

May 15 2010, 7:22 pm dumbducky Post #9



He just explained it. It saves the variables with the bank function. It carries over between maps. Then the next map starts.



tits

May 15 2010, 7:25 pm Xesh Post #10



Would i be able to return to the previous map?



None.

May 15 2010, 7:28 pm Jack Post #11

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

It doesn't work how you wanted (leave a map that's in progress, join another in progress map, leave map and go back to the original map). It merely allows you to store data; a custom Save Game, as it were.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 15 2010, 7:33 pm Adeon Post #12



Slightly related: is there any (hacky) way of blending different maps into a single huge one?



None.

May 15 2010, 7:33 pm Xesh Post #13



Thankyou. I understand and this will be very helpful for the future of Uber-maps



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor