Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Camera Lock Buggy Help
Camera Lock Buggy Help
May 15 2010, 12:28 am
By: Xesh  

May 15 2010, 12:28 am Xesh Post #1



Hi

I have a Camera that is locked and i use it for entering small areas on my map. If a unit outside of this camera view is attacked with the "YOUR UNITS ARE BEING ATTACKED BY ENEMIES" Ping, the Camera can be broken by hitting spacebar to pan over to the attack....Staying locked and looking strange.

How Do i remove the moving camera because of ping?

EDIT: Could i simply remove the Space-bar function?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 15 2010, 12:35 am by Xesh.



None.

May 15 2010, 9:35 am Demented Shaman Post #2



Would making a trigger whose event detects when the spacebar is pressed and then moving the camera back work?



None.

May 15 2010, 9:55 am Xesh Post #3



Perhaps...YES! Maybe. ...uh....


I'm not sure! thankyou for posting~



None.

May 15 2010, 12:31 pm 13Stallion Post #4





Have you tried this? I assume this should disable all GUI features.



None.

May 15 2010, 6:18 pm Xesh Post #5



I'm not sure how this would help or how this work...



None.

May 15 2010, 7:30 pm 13Stallion Post #6



Cinematic mode disables the ENTIRE GUI(temporarily)...

It removes the mouse, minimap, menu bar on top of screen, unit portraits, unit interface, and disables ALL keys and buttons except for Alt+F4.

So yes this will prevent your camera from being broken by any means.

-Just remember to disable cinematic mode :)

Edit: Camera - Lock camera input for player 1
-This prevents the camera from being moved by any means for a player without using cinematic mode and removing the GUI.



None.

May 15 2010, 7:43 pm Xesh Post #7



Oh! Hahaha, Oh man, no way- It's basically "RPG character enter cave" and you run around in this cave...

If i disable everything it wouldnt be playable...Hmmmmmn..


Also: Not any means, if my unit offscreen is attacked and it minimap pings, i can hit the spacebar button and pan over to it, effectivley breaking the camera still in lock



None.

May 16 2010, 12:19 am 13Stallion Post #8



Oh, Gotcha, I thought you wanted to show a short cut-scene or w/e when you entered an area...

Anyways find the trigger where you set the camera for the cave area and simply add a periodic event to the camera trigger so it re-adjusts/resets the camera every .03/.04 seconds, that way if you do hit the spacebar, the camera will re-adjust itself.

-If this doesn't help, post your trigger/map so it is possible for me to understand 100% what your doing and ill see what I can do to help



None.

May 16 2010, 9:59 am Xesh Post #9



Oooohh! Thats good. I'll try that and see if it works!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City