Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Icon requests
Icon requests
May 12 2010, 4:16 am
By: Jack  

May 12 2010, 4:16 am Jack Post #1

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I'm taking icon requests now, icons will cost approximately 1 mineral an icon, depending on who you are and how hard the job is and how much time I have to work on them. If you want them to be kept private, ( as in, not uploaded to the SEN database or other DBs) then let me know, I may or may not charge more for that.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2010, 2:46 am by Jack.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 12 2010, 4:33 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #2



I want a bunny icon. Or a "leeroy jenkins" icon.



None.

May 12 2010, 6:05 am Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
I want a bunny icon. Or a "leeroy jenkins" icon.
This IS for SC2 icons, you know. Assuming that was a serious request, and you're planning on using it in a map, I'll see what I can do.

EDIT
Here ya go :P
Btn-unit-bunny.dds

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 12 2010, 7:44 am by Jack.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 12 2010, 11:11 pm Biophysicist Post #4



I'd like an icon that looks like a Brood Lord cocoon.



None.

May 13 2010, 12:32 am Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Biophysicist
I'd like an icon that looks like a Brood Lord cocoon.
Here you go, I found the graphics on the internet in like 2 seconds so it isn't custom, if you want a custom one let me know.
btn-broodlord-zerg-egg.dds

There's a slim possibility that it won't look right ingame, let me know if there's something a bit odd about it ingame, including screenshots.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 13 2010, 11:50 pm Swampfox Post #6



I would like the top of a hatchet please. Kind of like this.

Thanks!



None.

May 14 2010, 12:18 am Jack Post #7

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Swampfox
I would like the top of a hatchet please. Kind of like this.

Thanks!
Do you want the handle showing at all? It might not be done till tomorrow, I'm busy today. If you want anything special like glowy things and jewels and laser axes, let me know.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2010, 12:33 am Swampfox Post #8



Yea, I would like part of the handle showing. Also, nope, just a plain ol' hatchet.

OH! I was looking at your other icon... and I don't want the button behind the picture. I already have a button in place, I just need to place the image over the button.



None.

May 14 2010, 12:42 am Jack Post #9

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Swampfox
Yea, I would like part of the handle showing. Also, nope, just a plain ol' hatchet.

OH! I was looking at your other icon... and I don't want the button behind the picture. I already have a button in place, I just need to place the image over the button.
You mean the border and background of the broodlord icon? That was a one-off thing, I won't do it in most icons. Yours will have a hatchet with the rest transparent.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2010, 2:39 am Swampfox Post #10



Alright, cool. I just wasn't exactly sure after looking at the broodlord icon :ermm:

Thanks again.



None.

May 14 2010, 7:44 am Jack Post #11

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

btn-item-weapon-hatchet.dds

Ingame example. Not my best ever, if you want anything changed or redone, let me know.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2010, 7:57 pm Swampfox Post #12



Not bad! Although, I must say, I was expecting pure white, kinda like the original icons. Don't worry about it though, I can change it myself if need be.

I know this might be asking a lot, and I will surely give credit in my map, but could you make like... 9-10 more icons? It's for the map I'm making for the SCII contest, but, I'm not really sure it would be acceptable for someone else to create a lot of the stuff that contributes to the aesthetic qualities in my map....

I'm going to have to get permission beforehand so.... we will see then.

If you don't want to, or think it's particularly unfair, just say so. I don't care.



None.

May 14 2010, 7:59 pm Jack Post #13

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Nah that's fine with me, get permission and I'll do it.

What do you mean by all white? Do you mean how SC2's Move, Attack etc. icons are all 2D and flat and bright?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2010, 8:05 pm Swampfox Post #14



Yea. The alpha background, and a white picture.

I guess I'll wait for the judges decision before telling you all the different things that I want. If it's not acceptable for the contest, I suppose I could just use 'em in a release after the contest.

Thanks a bunch dude.



None.

May 14 2010, 8:11 pm Jack Post #15

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Just say what you want, and how you want them. I'll release them publically so if you don't use them, SOMEONE will.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 15 2010, 1:38 am Swampfox Post #16



Alright! Isolatedpurity said:
Quote
Yeah. The main idea is what you learned while making your map and sharing it / the ability to share it. Nothing else really matters.

And the icons are:

1. Hatchet (just putting it here anyway...)
2. Pickaxe
3. Fishing net OR fishing rod (whichever you think you'll be able to do better)
4. A "gather/forage" icon (some sort of fruit, bush, or bowl full of fruit, you decide)
5. A sprouting plant (like the the stem and the two little leaves)
6. A water drop (add the little glare at the bottom of it ^^ )
7. A "build structure" icon (a little building, or a saw or something)
8. A "rest" icon (some Zzzzzz's, a pillow, or a bed)
9. A bow and a quiver (crossed like a skull and crossbones)
10. A "sprint" icon (I couldn't really think of anything clever for this one. Do what you want)

If you could make all or any of these, I would be ecstatic!
Thank you much!



None.

May 15 2010, 4:38 am Jack Post #17

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

btn-item-weapon-pickaxe.dds
There's the pickaxe, I'll make them all with the swirly thing in the background if you like, or I can make them glowing blue like what SC2 has. Just let me know which is preferable.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 15 2010, 4:50 am payne Post #18

:payne:

I know this is a bit out of context, but instead of making icons for games, would you please make a good set of icons for the sc2 forums? :O



None.

May 15 2010, 4:53 am Jack Post #19

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I can give it a go I guess...can't promise you much though.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 15 2010, 7:11 pm Swampfox Post #20



Quote from Jack
btn-item-weapon-pickaxe.dds
There's the pickaxe, I'll make them all with the swirly thing in the background if you like, or I can make them glowing blue like what SC2 has. Just let me know which is preferable.
Aha! Looks great! Just make them all like that I suppose.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot, Roy