Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Monorail Engine
[SOLVED] Monorail Engine
May 10 2010, 1:48 am
By: LostInMyself  

May 10 2010, 1:48 am LostInMyself Post #1



Just wondering if it is possible to get the monorail engine to move along the track pieces.
My attempts thus far have produced nothing.

Solved: See http://www.staredit.net/232679/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 19 2010, 3:12 am by payne. Reason: Solved



None.

May 10 2010, 3:04 am Biophysicist Post #2



Monorail engine? Tracks? EXPLAIN THIS ODD BEHAVIOR!



None.

May 10 2010, 3:26 am payne Post #3

:payne:

I think he is referring to the train that you can set on tracks. I've seen it in many videos and in-game into Mar Sara RPG (yes, from sc2)... but I've never seen it moving, and it looked like it was more of a doodad than a unit...
Though it might be possible.
I hope I helped the case of the "omg, what he meant ?"



None.

May 11 2010, 1:33 am LostInMyself Post #4



I remember seeing it in a a blizzard video and I think it was moving but I can not seem to find the video again.
I could change the model of an air unit to the model of the monorail engine and fake it although I would
much rather figure out how its done without doing that.



None.

May 25 2010, 9:54 pm T-Virus Post #5



I could have sworn mara outlaws had a moving one..



None.

May 26 2010, 5:24 am ZeroAme Post #6



Quote from LostInMyself
I remember seeing it in a a blizzard video and I think it was moving but I can not seem to find the video again.
I could change the model of an air unit to the model of the monorail engine and fake it although I would
much rather figure out how its done without doing that.

Pretty sure thats what you would have to go about doing is making it into a unit.

Quote from T-Virus
I could have sworn mara outlaws had a moving one..

I know it had the doodads in it but i dont think it was moving.



None.

May 26 2010, 5:54 am Demented Shaman Post #7



http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/project-brainstorming/1914-rails-puzzle/
It can be done.



None.

May 31 2010, 2:12 am ZeroAme Post #8



http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/project-workplace/1914-rails-puzzle/

Fix to the above link

And like I said, had to be made into a unit. Watch the minimap and you can see the dot for it movie, which a doodad would not have.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City