Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Key Movement Help
Key Movement Help
May 7 2010, 11:58 am
By: Lazy  

May 7 2010, 11:58 am Lazy Post #1



Hiii! Any help would be appreciated to this problem. I'm trying to make a unit move by using WASD. Problem is I can't figure out how this is done. I even looked at other maps that do this but when I apply it; it never works.

This picture should explain what I'm doing:


The only problem I can see is the W not being assigned to a unit. I don't see any type of trigger that would let me do that. I'm probably doing this horribly wrong :crazy: !



None.

May 7 2010, 12:04 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

The event is right, however, actions are failing, here is how I have done it:
Event: Player X presses KEY whatsoever...
condition: whatever you want
actions:
move point 1 on UNIT
move point 1 on X (+1) Y (+1)
Issue move targetting point 1
wait 0.5 game sec
repeat trigger

Basically, this is how it done. Adding a wait will avoid heavy lag. (Do not use the wasd system in multiplayer anyways: it often causes lag)
the point 1 on X (+WHATEVER) Y (+WHATEVER) is easy to understand: a coordiante around the unit, where 0x 0y is the center of the unit, so for "W" (->Up) use Point(+0) (+1)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 7 2010, 12:55 pm Ashamed Post #3

Hear me Raor!!

Quote from Devourer
The event is right, however, actions are failing, here is how I have done it:
Event: Player X presses KEY whatsoever...
condition: whatever you want
actions:
move point 1 on UNIT
move point 1 on X (+1) Y (+1)
Issue move targetting point 1
wait 0.5 game sec
repeat trigger

Basically, this is how it done. Adding a wait will avoid heavy lag. (Do not use the wasd system in multiplayer anyways: it often causes lag)
the point 1 on X (+WHATEVER) Y (+WHATEVER) is easy to understand: a coordiante around the unit, where 0x 0y is the center of the unit, so for "W" (->Up) use Point(+0) (+1)

There is a way to make it detect the key even when its pushed, so you don't have to keep telling it to repeat the trigger
Action: Press W / EX / EX / EX/ Unless you want shift included

This is where you make sure it keeps going "until you release the key"
Conditions: (( Current trigger is on ) = = True ( You go to the action: Trigger is on )
Unit order to your region. ( You can set regions to attach to units X 1.0, -1.0, Y 1.0, -1.0 ) That will be up down left and right.

Then to stop:
Event: presses w "up"
Trigger- Stop all instances of ( Walking trigger )

( I am currently working on my rpg, this has a system where "W" Just goes in the direction of your camera, If you want to do something like that check my map out, or ask me.



None.

May 7 2010, 9:58 pm Lazy Post #4



Quote from Devourer
Issue move targetting point 1
I don't see a trigger like this anywhere. There is Issue Order, but It doesn't let me pick the action Move or to a Point. D:

Quote from Ashamed
Conditions: (( Current trigger is on ) = = True ( You go to the action: Trigger is on )
I get lost here. I don't see a selectable condition or action like this.

I'm so clueless >_<! Thanks for replying!



None.

May 8 2010, 12:28 am Centreri Post #5

Relatively ancient and inactive

Change the type of order under issue order to targeting point. Default is orders that instantly act, like stop.



None.

May 8 2010, 2:58 am Lazy Post #6



I can't change the type. The dropdown box is grayed out. Unless I misunderstood you:

:><:


EDIT: Nvm, I finally understood what you said. I got it working. Thanks for the help everyone ^_^!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 8 2010, 5:28 am by Lazy.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor