Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Detecting Collision
Detecting Collision
May 4 2010, 2:33 pm
By: Swampfox  

May 4 2010, 2:33 pm Swampfox Post #1



I can't seem to find a viable way to detect if any part of the metal wall, or the other doodads for that matter, is in a region for my map Tron. I've tried making a "Metal Wall" unit, but you can only detect the small radius at the center of the wall. Ex. ====O==== = is the wall, O is the unit detection area. Anyone have any ideas how to detect any part of the wall?



None.

May 4 2010, 4:31 pm ShredderIV Post #2



Use locations, as I'm pretty sure you can do non-square locations now with the map editor. Just make a long location that sits right on top of, or under your wall.



None.

May 4 2010, 8:58 pm ZeroAme Post #3



What Shredder said would work, otherwise you would have to make a single unit for each 1x1 area that you want to be collided with.



None.

May 5 2010, 2:09 am Swampfox Post #4



Quote from ZeroAme
What Shredder said would work, otherwise you would have to make a single unit for each 1x1 area that you want to be collided with.
Yea, that's essentially what I was trying to avoid.

I suppose I'll try out Shredder's idea then. Thanks!



None.

May 13 2010, 11:57 pm Xesh Post #5



What?! no! Just use the No-Pathing Doodads... Much simpler!



None.

May 14 2010, 2:37 am Swampfox Post #6



Quote from Xesh
What?! no! Just use the No-Pathing Doodads... Much simpler!

Well actually, that wouldn't quite accomplish my goal. The intention was to detect if something was in front of the vehicle with triggers, and not actually block the path of the vehicle.

Anyway.... I've closed up shop with this map.

On a side note, don't use the no-pathing doodads, go to your pathing layer (H), and use the brush to lay down the red no-pathing stuff.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor