Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Very confused Start wave one!
Very confused Start wave one!
May 4 2010, 4:57 am
By: acidreian  

May 4 2010, 4:57 am acidreian Post #1



Dont mind me i haven't slept in days
Im creating a defence map with the editor and well
using the triggers to make it so only runs one time. Is there a way to disable this trigger or set a condition so it only works once??There for i could just change the unit it creates in a new trigger for level 2?
I knew on old sc u could create a unit in a random box and add that infront of the trigger

Quote
Event
Unit - Any Unit Enters (Region((Point(16.97, 2.14)), 1.0))
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to starter spawn (Blend)
Unit - Create 10 Probe for player 8 at Wave Spawn using default facing (No Options)
Unit - Order all units in (Last created units) to ( Patrol targeting relative points near Wave End) (Replace Existing Orders)
Trigger - Turn level 1 Off


like current player brings 2 units to location
current player brings starter to location start
run level2


please if you dont understand what im talking about let me know ill rephrase...



None.

May 4 2010, 5:00 am Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

Make a loop. For each integer from one to eight, order one random unit in unit group (last created units) to attack to Wave End, and wait two seconds.



None.

May 4 2010, 5:04 am acidreian Post #3



Im sure i can set it to a timed defence map,
But this map i would like to setup as move unit to start location for each level..
any idea how to do it>?



None.

May 4 2010, 5:40 am LostInMyself Post #4



Quote from acidreian
Im sure i can set it to a timed defence map,
But this map i would like to setup as move unit to start location for each level..
any idea how to do it>?

Have a global variable defaulted to 1 I'll call it level.

Trigger:

Event: Any unit enters region
Conditions: None
Actions: If then else action
If: level==1
then: run level one trigger
else: blank
If: level==2
then: run level two trigger
else: blank

In your level triggers conditions compare level to whatever level trigger it is to keep it from firing after level 1.
There is most likely a more intuitive way to do this but for simplicity this will work.



None.

May 4 2010, 3:24 pm acidreian Post #5



Ugh im not getting this shit so confused about how to use the conditions....



None.

May 4 2010, 6:11 pm LostInMyself Post #6



Quote from acidreian
Ugh im not getting this shit so confused about how to use the conditions....

Galaxy editor is far more complex than staredit. A background in programming will definitely help with triggers.
Your best bet is to open up other peoples maps and try to figure out what they did.

If you want I can create the triggers for you in an example map so you can learn.

Good luck!



None.

May 4 2010, 10:38 pm ZeroAme Post #7



The best way to set up some waves for a TD that I have found requires multiple triggers with multiple variables, and I learned it all from this guys tutorials.
http://www.livestream.com/beider/folder?dirId=4c68b802-d583-4aa8-80f0-d2a5a2146d02



None.

May 5 2010, 1:24 am acidreian Post #8



i have a good background in programming c# and sql but lol doesn't help much i can find my way around and im sure i can come up with a rigged ass way for my map to work i was just hoping there was something i missing that maybe someone could point too.?



None.

May 8 2010, 9:56 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #9

👻 👾 👽 💪

Does the Galaxy code help any with understanding conditions?
Code
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Trigger: wut
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bool gt_wutInitialization_Func (bool testConds, bool runActions) {
   // Variable Declarations
   int lv_untitledVariable001;

   // Variable Initialization
   lv_untitledVariable001 = 0;

   // Conditions
   if (testConds) {
     // Condition "(Owner of (Triggering unit)) == 1"
       if (!((UnitGetOwner(EventUnit()) == 1))) {
           return false;
       }
   }

   // Actions
   if (!runActions) {
       return true;
   }

   // Your actions go here
   return true;
}


Conditions are done just by a comparison ... They are just an 'if' statement (you said you had C# experience, so I'm assuming you understand me.)


Quote
Event: Any unit enters region
Conditions: None
Actions: If then else action
If: level==1
then: run level one trigger
else: blank
If: level==2
then: run level two trigger
else: blank

You don't really need separate triggers ... It can be done by putting all the actions into the 'Then' block.
Though you can do it this way instead ...
With a global variable "Current Level", initially 0
Region "StartLevel", and point "StartLevelRespawn" (for the unit to return to)
Code
Level 1
   Events
       Unit - Any Unit Enters StartLevel
   Local Variables
   Conditions
       Current Level == 0
   Actions
       Variable - Modify Current Level: + 1
       Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to StartLevel_Respawn (No Blend)
       Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to ( Stop) (Replace Existing Orders)
       ... Level actions
What you need that I don't have is to replace 'Any Unit' in the Unit Enters Region event.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on May 8 2010, 10:16 pm by FaRTy1billion.



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet