Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Apply behaviors to attacked units from tower
Apply behaviors to attacked units from tower
May 4 2010, 1:48 am
By: ZeroAme  

May 4 2010, 1:48 am ZeroAme Post #1



Ok so in my TD currently I am using trigger to make it so creeps get the behaviors to slow them and to burn them from water and fire turrets. But this is becoming a problem because say I get 20 of these towers, this starts making these triggers constantly running and if this happens I get an overload basically and they all stop running, all triggers that is. So what I need to do is make it so these behaviors are given via ability on the towers, kinda how the marauder, once upgraded, slows units it attacks.

I have done a little experimenting with this already but I didn't have much luck. So can someone help me understand how to get about doing this?



None.

May 6 2010, 7:34 am ZeroAme Post #2



bump: anyone know how to do this? I really need to remove the triggers to optimize my map.



None.

May 6 2010, 2:50 pm Ashamed Post #3

Hear me Raor!!

are you doing the " Play trigger over, in the same trigger"???
But I am pretty sure if you want to attach slowness to an attack you change its effects on the attack/ not the behavior on the unit. " Mess with stim pack, just make it go the opposite way and change it to a target attack, put some splah on that baby! "
Just start messing with that spell/ attaching it to the towers attack!!! I bet you could get it!



None.

May 12 2010, 2:41 am Demented Shaman Post #4



Okay, so I will describe what I see is going on with the marauder slow and how it works and maybe you'll be able to do something like that to satisfy your own needs.

In weapon data type the marauder weapon is called Punisher Grenades. In that weapon object in the effect field it runs an effect called MarauderLM. This effect is a launch missile effect, and in its Impact Effect field it runs the effect Marauder Concussive Grenade (set). This effect runs two other effects called Marauder Concussive Grenade (damage) and Marauder Concussive Grenade (slow). The slow effect is responsible for slowing down the targeted unit, and this can be seen in the field called Unit + which is set to Target.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor