Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Upgrading a Tower to a Different unit
Upgrading a Tower to a Different unit
May 3 2010, 8:37 pm
By: ZeroAme  

May 3 2010, 8:37 pm ZeroAme Post #1



Ok so in Amidia's Temple TD you can upgrade the Auto Turret multiple times and each time it ets a different attack and all.

I'm trying to figure out what the abilities to do this are and how to set it up? can anyone help me?



None.

May 3 2010, 8:39 pm Vi3t-X Post #2



I would imagine morph or just use one of the structure building things (Like the Command Center into Orbital Command).



None.

May 3 2010, 10:23 pm Tempz Post #3



It might be more complex then its worth but i assume that you would create it via a custom unit

first things first is try to have your normal (first tower) then change the behavior for zerg or orbitial command make sure you don't show the animation... The folders/names are a huge indicatior as what you should add/remove



None.

May 4 2010, 1:44 am ZeroAme Post #4



Thanks guys got it figured out :D



None.

May 4 2010, 5:44 am Pyro-Fire Post #5



care to post how you did it? :)



None.

May 4 2010, 6:37 am ZeroAme Post #6



Ya I'll make a tutorial and post a link to it as soon as its done



None.

May 4 2010, 8:24 am ZeroAme Post #7



http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/tutorials/1198-data-unit-upgrading-into-another-unit/

Thats a link to thread for the tutorial, enjoy :)



None.

May 5 2010, 2:10 am Tempz Post #8



Yay i was right :O
although it was said on sc mapster
Quote
You need to add the morph start and morph finish events to the first actor (tower 1) and the morph finish event to the second actor (tower 2) There is a guide on the forums here somewhere ;P


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 5 2010, 2:16 am by Tempz.



None.

May 5 2010, 6:57 am ZeroAme Post #9



Ya I'm still not really sure what that means though



None.

May 5 2010, 7:18 pm Tempz Post #10



i'd assume each ability has its own events, this ability has a start even and a end event,

-Under abilities (assuming) there should be a start and end
-Change it so the start and finish event is marine
-Then change the finish to the ghost

My friend says something like this but its hard to explain without like a 5 minute video he says =p



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor