Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Units don't show any buttons.
Units don't show any buttons.
May 1 2010, 6:33 pm
By: Beno  

May 1 2010, 6:33 pm Beno Post #1



So, right now I'm making a unit, I'm fairly sure I've done everything to make the unit work.
However the unit I'm making doesn't show any buttons when ingame.
I know it's not because of the weird copying error thing because I made this unit from scratch.
I've also made sure that this unit has everything that a normal unit has (like actors, models, effects, weapons etc).
Help?



None.

May 1 2010, 7:06 pm Swampfox Post #2



When your editing the unit in the Data editor, you have to modify the field 'Command Card' and put whatever buttons you want there. Keep in mind you need the corresponding abilities in your 'Abilities' field if you're gonna put them on the command card.



None.

May 1 2010, 7:47 pm Beno Post #3



I've modified the field 'Command Card' and the corresponding abilities but it still doesn't show up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 1 2010, 7:51 pm by Beno. Reason: typo



None.

May 1 2010, 8:11 pm Swampfox Post #4



Quite a situation. Unless I'm perhaps missing something? If anyone else has an idea, please post.
But Beno, if you posted a pic or two of your Data editor and ingame, maybe I can spot the problem.



None.

May 1 2010, 8:21 pm LoveLess Post #5

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Make sure you are using the correct commands, sometimes you will have something weird like 'Move Copy 4.' I never really understood why Blizzard would do it like that, but reset them all to the originals. This usually fixes the problem for me, other than that, sorry. I have no clue.



None.

May 1 2010, 9:35 pm Beno Post #6



I checked the commands and it turns out they were all blank for some reason (even though I set them), so i set them again.
I can get all the commands to work now except move for some reason.



None.

May 2 2010, 12:05 am Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Beno
I checked the commands and it turns out they were all blank for some reason (even though I set them), so i set them again.
I can get all the commands to work now except move for some reason.
check if you have set the unit's mover.




May 2 2010, 5:02 pm Beno Post #8



I think i have, is there anything that you have to modify besides abilities+ and command card+ for move?



None.

May 2 2010, 8:33 pm Biophysicist Post #9



You need to edit the speed and acceleration and so on, I think.



None.

May 4 2010, 3:10 am Beno Post #10



Sorry for the long time for me to reply.
And yea, turns out i forgot to edit the move speed to above zero.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor