Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Random Intergers and Displaying the outcome?
Random Intergers and Displaying the outcome?
Apr 30 2010, 10:57 pm
By: ZeroAme  

Apr 30 2010, 10:57 pm ZeroAme Post #1



So I have in my TD a tower that will randomly get 0-5 minerals from a creep, and then it will say +# over that creep to let the player know how much they got from it. Im using this set-up.

Quote
Theif Turret - Money
Events
Unit - Any Unit is attacked
Local Variables
tmpTag = No Text Tag <Text Tag>
Conditions
(Unit type of (Attacking Unit)) == Theif
Actions
General - Wait 0.5 Game Time seconds
Player - Modify player 1 Minerals: Add (Random integer between 0 and 5)
Text Tag - Create a text tag with the text "+1" for (All players), using a font size of 24, at (Position of (Triggering unit)) and height offset 1.0 (initially Visible) can also set whether false is enforced
Variable - Set tmpTag = (Last created text tag)
Text Tag - Set Text color(s) for tmpTag to (0%, 50%, 75%)
Text Tag - Set the velocity of tmpTag to 1.0 coordinates per second at an angle of 90.0 degrees from horizontal
Text Tag - Set Fade Duration time for (Last created text tag) to 2.0 seconds
General - Wait 2.1 Game Time seconds
Text Tag - Destroy tmpTag

How do I change:
Text Tag - Create a text tag with the text "+1" for (All players), using a font size of 24, at (Position of (Triggering unit)) and height offset 1.0 (initially Visible) can also set whether false is enforced
so the +# is the outcome of the integer?



None.

Apr 30 2010, 11:13 pm Swampfox Post #2



Like this:
Text Tag - Create a text tag with the text ("+" + (Text(YOURVARIABLE))) for (All players), using a font size of 24, at (Position of (Triggering unit)) and height offset 1.0 (initially Visible) can also set whether false is enforced

("+" + (Text(YOURVARIABLE))) = a function 'Combine Text' with the second text entry being another function 'Convert Integer To Text'





None.

May 1 2010, 1:07 am ZeroAme Post #3



Alright thanks :D



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor