Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Modifying attributes
Modifying attributes
Apr 30 2010, 5:45 pm
By: Swampfox  

Apr 30 2010, 5:45 pm Swampfox Post #1



Lately, I've been working with heroes, veterancy levels, and attributes, and I've been trying to modify a hero's attributes through triggers. So far I have a trigger like:

Event: Unit gains experience level
Action: Play sound, bring up level up UI /w buttons that execute a certain trigger (the AGL button runs the AddAgility trigger)

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to modify the hero's attributes without using the options inside the veterancy levels' behavior, which, I believe, only allow you to add a certain amount of points into any one of your attributes automatically, without giving you a choice of where you want your points to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:03 pm ShredderIV Post #2



http://www.sc2mapster.com/api-docs/getting-started-with-galaxy-edit/complete-hero/

I dont know how this might be done with triggers though. I'm pretty sure attributes aren't easily modifiable through triggers.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:39 pm Swampfox Post #3



I've already gone through all of the hero tuts no sc2mapster and whatever other sites. None of them actually go into any great amount of detail in how to use attributes :|
I guess, with my limited abilities with the editor anyway, it may not be possible to manually spend attribute points? I'm sure someone will come up with something eventually...



None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:46 pm Neki Post #4



EVENT
Unit - (Triggering unit) attribute points changed
ACTION
Unit - Set (Last created unit) custom value (Triggering attribute points) to 10.0
Closet I can find to modifying attributes.




None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:53 pm Swampfox Post #5



Let's see... how would I change the '(Triggering unit) attribute point' manually/ingame in order to execute that trigger?



None.

Apr 30 2010, 10:19 pm LoveLess Post #6

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from name:Taylor Swift
EVENT
Unit - (Triggering unit) attribute points changed
ACTION
Unit - Set (Last created unit) custom value (Triggering attribute points) to 10.0
Closet I can find to modifying attributes.
I agree, it seems that you can only set attributes, you cannot add/subtract. It's really stupid.




None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor