Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: The use of random unit from a unit group
The use of random unit from a unit group
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 29 2010, 2:09 pm
By: Neki  

Apr 29 2010, 2:09 pm Neki Post #1



Okay so I have this trigger:
Variable - Set Random = (Random Living unit from (Any units in (Region(Position, 6.0)) owned by player Any Player matching (No Value), with at most Any Amount))
Basically, set Variable Random equal to a random living unit within a circle (radius 6) around position (position of the unit casting the spell) is what this is doing. Two things I don't get, how do unit filters work? If I exclude "self", does that mean I am not selected within this random radius? Because every time I try that, the spell always casts on myself. The second is, what does the last variable do, "any amount", you can't store more than one value in this "unit variable" can you?

This trigger also always manages to target some random thing off the map, I have no idea why. So when I take the position of the unit, it returns an overflow (error).




None.

Apr 29 2010, 5:20 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Not sure about what you're asking, but here's some possible answers:
In unit filters, you normally let the three pre-selected value as they are (Missiles, Dead and I-don't-remember). That means these will not be included into the trigger count.
The 'Any amount' can be set to any number. It restricts the trigger based on its value: if it'd be 5, the trigger wouldn't run as long as there is more than 5 units (that meet the UnitFilter conditions) within the region.

Did I help? :S



None.

Apr 29 2010, 11:37 pm Neki Post #3



That makes sense, the amount part, I managed to get everything working besides effects, how do I add special explosions/effects to a map?



None.

Apr 30 2010, 6:29 am payne Post #4

:payne:

Do you mean explosions/effects already existing or custom ones?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor