Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Changing the same Models for different Units
Changing the same Models for different Units
Apr 29 2010, 2:34 am
By: LoveLess  

Apr 29 2010, 2:34 am LoveLess Post #1

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Basically, I want to make about ten versions of the same unit. I would rather keep them the same size, so that's out. I tried messing with a few things, but to no avail. Any suggestions? For reference, the unit is the Defense Drone for the Terran.



None.

Apr 29 2010, 2:50 am ShredderIV Post #2



Well, you could always edit the model, although I have no idea how difficult that might be.

Otherwise there's nothing i can think of other than giving them custom colors.



None.

Apr 29 2010, 3:20 am Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Can you not make many copies of a unit using the data editor?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 29 2010, 8:03 pm LoveLess Post #4

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Jack
Can you not make many copies of a unit using the data editor?
You can, but there seems to be no internal model editor like they seem to have boasted with the Uberlisk, which was my impression. There is even a 'lighting' option for each unit, which I thought might actually do something, but nope.




None.

Apr 29 2010, 8:13 pm Jack Post #5

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I couldn't find the lighting option the other day when I looked; where is it?

As for the uberlisk, information not in the video led me to believe that there are hardpoints modeled onto that ultralisk's particular model, with which they attached the spine crawlers using triggers. I could be wrong, of course, but if I'm right, they used 3ds max to add the special attach points, which the trigger editor can access.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 29 2010, 9:13 pm payne Post #6

:payne:

Just use 'Duplicate' on the Defense Drone's model.
Make sure you always duplicate the initial one: I've already done this error and it took me a while to find that how GE works, it just adds ''copy'' at the end of the names, without actually necassary duplicating everything if a copy already exists.



None.

May 1 2010, 8:20 am Sixen Post #7



Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Jack
Can you not make many copies of a unit using the data editor?
You can, but there seems to be no internal model editor like they seem to have boasted with the Uberlisk, which was my impression. There is even a 'lighting' option for each unit, which I thought might actually do something, but nope.
There's a Previewer, which I believe you can edit the model with.



None.

May 5 2010, 4:57 pm LoveLess Post #8

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Sixen
Quote from LoveLess
Quote from Jack
Can you not make many copies of a unit using the data editor?
You can, but there seems to be no internal model editor like they seem to have boasted with the Uberlisk, which was my impression. There is even a 'lighting' option for each unit, which I thought might actually do something, but nope.
There's a Previewer, which I believe you can edit the model with.
All of the options are locked.




None.

May 6 2010, 2:21 pm Syphon Post #9



The map editor isn't done.



None.

May 6 2010, 8:19 pm Ashamed Post #10

Hear me Raor!!

yeah there are not even heros yet!
OBV the map editor does not have everything in it yet!
But i am pretty sure you can make the Uberlisk, just how it was explained!
I bet you could even find a tutorial on how to make him and then after that mess with your own stuff on other units!



None.

May 9 2010, 10:42 am Sixen Post #11



Quote from Ashamed
yeah there are not even heros yet!
OBV the map editor does not have everything in it yet!
But i am pretty sure you can make the Uberlisk, just how it was explained!
I bet you could even find a tutorial on how to make him and then after that mess with your own stuff on other units!
That's just because we don't have Campaign/Single player data, all we have is Multiplayer game data.

As far as Uberlisk goes, see here:
http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/tutorials/326-xml-how-to-uberlisk/



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet