Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Data Editor: Assigning Actors and Models
Data Editor: Assigning Actors and Models
Apr 28 2010, 11:27 pm
By: LoveLess  

Apr 28 2010, 11:27 pm LoveLess Post #1

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Alright, so apparently I broke it. I've been copying and pasting the same unit, but when I try now, it removes the actors and models. I have no idea why it's doing this, but I cannot fix it.

Anyone know how to manually assign Actors and Models, there doesn't seem to be an option or I am just retarded. I have looked at the fields multiple times but to no avail.




None.

Apr 28 2010, 11:52 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Linking Actor to Unit: chose a unit in the first field "unitName" (on top of the normal table).
Linking Actor to Model: chose the model in "Model"




Apr 29 2010, 12:32 am ShredderIV Post #3



Quote from Ahli
Linking Actor to Unit: chose a unit in the first field "unitName" (on top of the normal table).
Linking Actor to Model: chose the model in "Model"
Wow, this was actually something that had been bothering me for a while. I was like why the hell wont the thing let me add an actor to the unit? It should be able to do anything right?

Edit: is there any way to add additional actors onto the unit after you have copied it?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2010, 1:47 am by ShredderIV.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 6:36 am payne Post #4

:payne:

Noob question: what's an Actor? XD



None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:40 pm Beno Post #5



Where do you find the fields "unitName" and "Model?"
I can't find a way to assign them to my unit.



None.

Apr 30 2010, 8:48 pm Swampfox Post #6



First go to Data->Actors and find the Actor of whatever unit you're modifying.

unitName -> <- Model



None.

Apr 30 2010, 10:35 pm Beno Post #7



Now I have another problem, the unit wont show up in the game, it shows up in the editor though.
Edit: It turns out i had the unit set to a beacon and not a base unit so problem solved.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 1 2010, 6:02 pm by Beno.



None.

May 12 2010, 2:45 am Demented Shaman Post #8



Only one actor can be linked to a unit. And it's more like linking units to actors rather than actors to units. So keep this in mind when you're duplicating units. You shouldn't duplicate models, behaviors, or effects if you don't plan on editing them, but you should copy the actors.



None.

May 12 2010, 5:32 am ShredderIV Post #9



Quote from name:devilesk
Only one actor can be linked to a unit. And it's more like linking units to actors rather than actors to units. So keep this in mind when you're duplicating units. You shouldn't duplicate models, behaviors, or effects if you don't plan on editing them, but you should copy the actors.
False. An example is if you want to have the unit have burrowing capabilities. The uberlisk shown in the galaxy reveal thingy also used extra actors.



None.

May 12 2010, 6:10 am Demented Shaman Post #10



Quote from ShredderIV
Quote from name:devilesk
Only one actor can be linked to a unit. And it's more like linking units to actors rather than actors to units. So keep this in mind when you're duplicating units. You shouldn't duplicate models, behaviors, or effects if you don't plan on editing them, but you should copy the actors.
False. An example is if you want to have the unit have burrowing capabilities. The uberlisk shown in the galaxy reveal thingy also used extra actors.
What I meant to say is that only one unit can be linked to an actor, which is why the second sentence doesn't go with the first one.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor