Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Some questions
[SOLVED] Some questions
Apr 28 2010, 7:52 am
By: payne  

Apr 28 2010, 7:52 am payne Post #1

:payne:

1) Is there any way of modifying the terrain into a linear shape? You know, something like pressing 'Shift + Drag mouse'.
Not yet.
2) Is there a way to smooth edges automatically so they do not end that straight?
Increase the 'Falloff' value of your terrain brush.
3) Is it me or the water terrain is buggy?
Too vague to be answered precisely. ;o
4) How do we use Foliage? What do we use it for? XD
Foliage just generates little plants and rocks on the map. They don't screw up building and the only thing to really edit is the density. Other than that just press the button.
You can find this tool on the drop down menu "Data", you can generate terrain foliage for the entire map.
You must meet a minimal setting of terrain quality (sc2 graphical settings) to actually see the foliage, even from inside the editor.

5) What is the maximum of cliff levels we can obtain and how do we do so?
Using the up/down cliff tool can get you 3 layers, but essentially you could use the terrain height tools to make different levels, and block off the cliffs with the "not walkable" doodads (not sure of the name).

Thanks in advance! =D

EDIT: Answers are in red.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 19 2010, 3:22 am by payne.



None.

Apr 28 2010, 3:39 pm phlemhacker Post #2



I think I can answer a few of these.
3. It's not buggy but it is kinda weird to use. For me it started out at some height that interfered with the main playable terrain. All you have to do is lower it a bit when you click on the edit properties button. Not really sure what you mean by buggy though.
4. Foliage just generates little plants and rocks on the map. They don't screw up building and the only thing to really edit is the density. Other than that just press the button.
5. I've been trying to figure this out, so far I've only been able to get 3 playable layers.



None.

Apr 28 2010, 7:51 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

I've read about 5 levels.



None.

Apr 28 2010, 8:08 pm Swampfox Post #4



3) Lately, my water has not been working at all for me. There shows no texture when I place water (or lava). There is only an empty green outlined square. Any suggestions for fixing this?
4) I don't think the foliage tool works under the terrain module/layer (not for me at least), but on the drop down menu "Data", you can generate terrain foliage for the entire map.
5) Using the up/down cliff tool can get you 3 layers, but essentially you could use the terrain height tools to make different levels, and block off the cliffs with the "not walkable" doodads (not sure of the name).



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor