Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Dialogs
[Solved] Dialogs
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 26 2010, 7:46 pm
By: Zuraneru  

Apr 26 2010, 7:46 pm Zuraneru Post #1



I have a problem with dialogs: I can give them a title but I dont know how to get more than one thing in there.
For example: how do I put a timer (WHICH REALLY RUNS (right now it doesn't start counting...)) in a dialog box? :)
Thanks in advance.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2010, 7:49 pm by DeVouReR. Reason: mistakes



None.

Apr 27 2010, 4:15 am LoveLess Post #2

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Zuraneru
I have a problem with dialogs: I can give them a title but I dont know how to get more than one thing in there.
For example: how do I put a timer (WHICH REALLY RUNS (right now it doesn't start counting...)) in a dialog box? :)
Thanks in advance.
To make a timer, you will first need to create two variables. One will be an Integer-type and the other, a Dialog-type. Now, in a trigger that runs at the start of a game, add an action called "Set Dialog Title." Use the Dialog-type variable that you created, add whatever text you want and lastly, your Integer which in this case will be your timer. Now, all of the dialog boxes have to be updated when there values change, which is simple as adding another "Set Dialog Title" in a trigger that fires constantly. This will update your Dialog box and integer.




None.

Apr 27 2010, 8:20 pm Zuraneru Post #3



Thx but I've got a problem: how to do that? xD
I've created 2 variables and a trigger that sets the dialog title and now? how to increment it by one continually?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 27 2010, 8:46 pm by DeVouReR. Reason: lalala....



None.

May 1 2010, 1:03 pm Zuraneru Post #4



I've solved the problem but thanks for your help

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 1 2010, 1:04 pm by DeVouReR.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor