Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Galaxy Edit - Graphical issue and map-loading fail
Galaxy Edit - Graphical issue and map-loading fail
Apr 26 2010, 1:05 am
By: Leeroy_Jenkins  

Apr 26 2010, 1:05 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #1



My version of galaxy seems to be retarded. Whenever I scroll, the terrain view gets all fucked up as so...



And as if that isn't annoying enough, it won't load .sc2map files. Every time I click on a file and choose the editor from a list of programs to open with, it open up the editor's loading screen, goes through all loading procedures and then closes.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 1:09 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #2

Just here for the activity... well not really

1. No idea. Maybe your gfx card is hurt, or maybe you need to reinstall. Don't take my work though.
2. Same for me. I guess it isn't supported yet.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2010, 1:16 am by l)ark_ssj9kevin.



guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"


Apr 26 2010, 1:14 am Syphon Post #3



1) It's your card.

2) Opening works fine, but you cannot open Blizzard maps.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 1:51 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #4



Quote from Syphon
2) Opening works fine, but you cannot open Blizzard maps.

No, opening does not work fine. That's the problem. Yes, even maps that aren't Blizzard's.

And are you sure it's the graphics card? This damn thing is a brand new Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS

EDIT:

It was my graphics card! EEEEEK. I changed it from "quality" to "performance" and voila!
Still can't open maps.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2010, 1:57 am by Leeroy_Jenkins.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 3:59 am payne Post #5

:payne:

The thing about opening map is easy:
If you try to open a map from a folder, having Galaxy Edit as the default program to open it with, it'll not work. As you've said, it'll load the screen and then close.
You must first open the program and within it, click "Open" and choose a map to open. ;)



None.

Apr 26 2010, 10:26 am Syphon Post #6



Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Quote from Syphon
2) Opening works fine, but you cannot open Blizzard maps.

No, opening does not work fine. That's the problem. Yes, even maps that aren't Blizzard's.

Uh ya. It works fine. It's something you're doing wrong while saving, or another issue with your computer because I just opened about 10 maps I saved, and a few I downloaded.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 5:49 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Are the newest gfx card drivers installed?




Apr 26 2010, 11:06 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #8



Thanks for beating it on the head that it works fine on your computer Syphon, you want to come over to my house and see if it works? Because fucking trust me, it doesn't.

Quote from payne
The thing about opening map is easy:
If you try to open a map from a folder, having Galaxy Edit as the default program to open it with, it'll not work. As you've said, it'll load the screen and then close.
You must first open the program and within it, click "Open" and choose a map to open. ;)

Thanks for the helpful answer. Problem solved.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor