Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Simple Subtraction
Simple Subtraction
Apr 25 2010, 10:25 pm
By: Morphling  

Apr 25 2010, 10:25 pm Morphling Post #1



I'm trying to subtract the mouse position with the heroes position, but I cannot figure out how.
I created two variables that stores the Mouse X and Mouse Y position and another that stores the point for the position of unit, but I cannot subtract an integer from a point so how can I do it?



None.

Apr 25 2010, 10:37 pm Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

Try finding an arithmetic function. The editor isn't loading for me right now, but that's what it was in WCIII.



None.

Apr 25 2010, 10:54 pm Morphling Post #3



You cannot do any arithmetic with points. Is there any way to seperate values of a point into two seperate variable integers?



None.

Apr 25 2010, 11:09 pm Centreri Post #4

Relatively ancient and inactive

You can do arithmetic between the x and y values of points. Create four local variables: x and y of both points, basically. Then subtract them and make a point out of that. I don't want to go all through it, but I've seen the functions that work with x and y.



None.

Apr 25 2010, 11:38 pm DavidJCobb Post #5



Quote from Morphling
You cannot do any arithmetic with points. Is there any way to seperate values of a point into two seperate variable integers?
He doesn't know how to get the x and y coordinates into their own variables, Cent.



None.

Apr 25 2010, 11:39 pm Morphling Post #6



I cannot find out how to put the x and y of unit position into integers. The option to find the position is only available when the variable is a point and I cannot figure out how to subract a two integers(mousex and mousey) from one point(unitx and unity).



None.

Apr 26 2010, 12:07 am Morphling Post #7



Nevermind I figured it out.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 1:31 am Centreri Post #8

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yeah, all it takes is using the search function. <_<



None.

Apr 26 2010, 1:38 am Morphling Post #9



The problem was that I was using an integer when I should have been using real.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot