Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: How to specify a unit type.
How to specify a unit type.
Apr 25 2010, 6:59 pm
By: Apos  

Apr 25 2010, 6:59 pm Apos Post #1

I order you to forgive yourself!

I'm trying to make a trigger kill a unit if that unit enters a location. The problem is that I can't find out how to choose a unit type and not a preplaced unit.

In Starcraft 1 it would look like: If current player brings at least 1 Terran marine to location kill -> kill all Terran marine for current player at location kill.




Apr 25 2010, 7:08 pm Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

Event: Any unit enters region x
Condition: Comparison of unit-type of triggering unit and Terran Marine
Event: For each unit in (Unit Group: Units in Region Matching Condition(Comparison of unit-type of triggering unit and Terran Marine)), kill it.

Basically, this. You might need to create a local variable for the killing-portion, but I really don't want to write the entire trigger for you.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 12:29 am Swampfox Post #3



So you're saying that if we ever want a trigger to act upon a certain unit, we can never just specify that type of unit, we have to make a comparison?



None.

Apr 26 2010, 12:33 am Morphling Post #4



You can specify the unit, but by comparing it. You compare the unit that enters the region to, in this case, a marine. If the unit if a marine the actions will fire.



None.

Apr 26 2010, 4:01 am payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote from Morphling
You can specify the unit, but by comparing it. You compare the unit that enters the region to, in this case, a marine. If the unit if a marine the actions will fire.
Gosh, how I hate GE's logic -.-



None.

Apr 26 2010, 8:27 am Devourer Post #6

Hello

Quote from payne
Quote from Morphling
You can specify the unit, but by comparing it. You compare the unit that enters the region to, in this case, a marine. If the unit if a marine the actions will fire.
Gosh, how I hate GE's logic -.-
It actually seems completly logical to me :)
Where's the problem? At some parts it's rather overcomplicated such as "brings 1 unit to location" is event "unit enters location" and condition "triggering unit == unitname". After some days (for me three days now) you'll understand it.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 15 2010, 2:45 am Swampfox Post #7



Ok, maybe I never fully grasped the concept, but for the life of me, I can't fucking figure out how to conditionalize:
"If any one of my pre-placed tree units is selected, and if it's in a certain region."

If someone would post a picture of a trigger showing this, I would be MOST grateful.


This is really annoying. I was so frustrated with this for at least a whole hour prior to making this post and on various other occasions, and then 5 minutes after posting, I figure it out. There seems to be a trend here... coincidence? I think not!

I suppose you can lock this topic.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 15 2010, 2:57 am by Swampfox.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor