Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Builder Menu
Builder Menu
Apr 25 2010, 12:16 pm
By: Ahli  

Apr 25 2010, 12:16 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Hi, I've made myself a second SCV called "Builder" by copying the unit and the actor and linking the actor with the unit.
I've copied the SCV - Build Structure ability, too, and replaced it in my Builder's ability.

Ok, now I would like to create a clickable menu like the Build - Structure Menu.

I can edit the command map but the new button won't appear (build structure button disappears because I removed the ability).

I guess I've missed something to edit. Do you know what is missing?




Apr 25 2010, 9:52 pm Sixen Post #2



Have you linked the Ability to your unit? Have you also given the ability a model?



None.

Apr 25 2010, 10:50 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Sixen
Have you linked the Ability to your unit? Have you also given the ability a model?
How can you link the Ability to a unit? How can I give the ability a model?

Now I have linked the ability to copy of the actor.
It's still not useable.

I can build buildings, if I add the button + ability directly (didn't test the function, but the tooltip+button existed).
But I would like to use a submenu in the unit's command map. But submenu buttons don't show up ingame.

EDIT:
Now it works. :)
I deleted all buttons in the submenus and deleted all abilities in my Builder Ability except the build Bunker ability.
They are on the same position now.

I'll check what was nessecary tomorrow evening. I'm to lazy...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2010, 6:27 pm by Ahli.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot