Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Creating Awesome Units
Creating Awesome Units
Apr 25 2010, 11:09 am
By: Lord Malvanis  

Apr 25 2010, 11:09 am Lord Malvanis Post #1



Like we all saw in the galaxy editor preview at BlizzCon, (youtube video), there are units like the Uberlisk that are completely customized and all that. How is this unit made? I'd to know how to make hydralisks with guass rifle tentacles, marines with personell siege cannons and predator zealots with immortal cannons on their shoulders.

Like I've been told,
Quote
Can the galaxy editor-
Yes.
So there has to be some way. Has anyone figured it out?



None.

Apr 25 2010, 3:10 pm Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

To very nicely make gauss rifle tentacles and other things like that, you'd most likely need outside modeling tools. What I expect the editor CAN do is to attach entire units (maybe, parts of units, but I'm not sure) to other units and make them act a certain way.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2010, 7:22 pm by Centreri.



None.

Apr 25 2010, 6:56 pm Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://forums.sc2mapster.com/development/tutorials/326-xml-how-to-uberlisk/



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 27 2010, 5:34 pm ShredderIV Post #4



There has to be an easier way to do this than the tutorial says. Like they said, the galaxy editor should be able to do anything.

And there's a guy on the sc2mapster forum that found out how to give the uberlisk some using just the galaxy editor and some reference points that are apparently built in, but he has yet to be successful with full animations.



None.

Apr 27 2010, 10:41 pm Sixen Post #5



Well, Hati (the author of that guide) made it prior to GE being released. Someone else in that thread is working on a guide to Uberlisk with GE.



None.

Apr 28 2010, 4:27 pm ZeroAme Post #6



You guys should all look into some tuts for WC 3 mapping tuts, the galaxy editor, although better and different, is very similar to the 1 for warcraft 3



None.

Apr 30 2010, 4:42 am ShredderIV Post #7



Well, either way, the dude has almost finished a tutorial on how to do it all from the GE. I'm excited for when it finishes, as it would be cool to have a DT with a turret on its shoulder. Predator ne 1?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor