Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Unknown Refresh on Post bug
Unknown Refresh on Post bug
Mar 16 2010, 1:32 am
By: Heinermann  

Mar 16 2010, 1:32 am Heinermann Post #1

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

I click "quote" to reply to someone.
I write my message.
I click "Post" expecting my message to be posted, but instead the page refreshes and clears my text.

I am not going to re-write anything, so if anyone wonders why I havn't replied or posted, I did, and that's that. Too bad if you missed it.




Mar 16 2010, 2:16 am payne Post #2

:payne:

Quote from Heinermann
I click "quote" to reply to someone.
I write my message.
I click "Post" expecting my message to be posted, but instead the page refreshes and clears my text.

I am not going to re-write anything, so if anyone wonders why I havn't replied or posted, I did, and that's that. Too bad if you missed it.
I hope it wasn't for http://www.staredit.net/topic/10306/ D=



None.

Mar 16 2010, 2:44 am DavidJCobb Post #3



What web browser on what OS were you using? And as far as you can recall, what BBCode/emoticon buttons did you press? All the site's JS is global right now; I'm thinking it could be another variable collision, like the "clicking the post number to get the URL breaks nearly everything" bug. ('Course, it could also be a browser incompatibility, hence my first question.)



None.

Mar 16 2010, 2:59 am Heinermann Post #4

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

Firefox 3.6 on Vista. Pressed nothing but Post.




Mar 16 2010, 3:00 am Centreri Post #5

Relatively ancient and inactive

This happens occasionally to me on Chrome. I copy the text, close the window, open up a new window, and it works. I believe I reported this already as well, but nothing was done. However, for me, clicking the back button brings the text back. Guess that's why Chrome > FX :P.



None.

Mar 16 2010, 7:34 am Devourer Post #6

Hello

This actually never happened to me. When you get back to the page do you get any error above the textarea-thing?
And Cent, vista or XP? or 7? This actually shouldn't matter but any information can be helpful.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2010, 4:43 pm by DeVouReR.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 17 2010, 2:11 am DavidJCobb Post #7



Well, we can probably rule out JavaScript as a factor. From what I've seen in Firebug, almost none of SEN's JS runs without user prompting, and Heinermann says he didn't initiate any JS. It's either a browser/OS error or some server-side problem in processing the form input.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring